Incorrect render behaviour
Closedopened 4 years ago by Eugleo · 9 comments
Reference in New Issue
There is no content yet.
Delete Branch '%!s(<nil>)'
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?
raco pollen renderhas been behaving strange; in version 2.0.2134.450 I still experience the following problem.
I have several
.polyfiles in my project (exporting into markdown, tex, pdf and html), all of which work perfectly when I load the respective files on a pollen server. When I run
render, though, some of the files compile, while others throw the following error:
This could seem rather cryptic, but the real problem is in the
.poly.rktdfile, which looks like this:
Together with the faulty
.poly.rktdfile there are two fully functioning files (it seems) in the same directory, namely
render -pdoesn't throw any errors, some of my articles don't seem to be compiled, though.
And you have done a
raco pollen reset, of course?
I did indeed, to no avail.
rktdfiles are written as part of the caching system. Have you tried deactivating the caches in a
setupmodule? (I’m not suggesting this as a permanent workaround, but it will help me refine where the problem is occurring.)
The problem seems to be that
<#void>as the value for
doc. I can’t see your source, so it’s hard for me to really test this. If you could post an example, it would be helpful.
I did just now. After disabling the compile cache, the error changes to:
Which is weird, given that I have a
template.md.pfile in the project root directory (which reads simply
◊doc). EDIT: And given that
.mdfiles show just fine when accessing them via pollen server.
Yes, sounds weird. Well, if you want to give me access to the project repo, I will clone it & try to reproduce the problem.
The repo is private. I've added you as a collaborator. Thanks for help.
You have nodes in your pagetree with a
polyextension. Pagetrees contain output filenames, so Pollen is trying to render in
polyformat (which doesn’t exist).
(current-poly-target), so when Pollen tries to render the
polyfile, it gets
Pollen’s caching system doesn’t handle void values properly, though it should, so I’ve fixed that.
The error messages could’ve given better clues that there was a problem with the chosen output format, so I’ve fixed that too.
But for this to work correctly, you should fix problems 1 & 2.
Thanks for the help! And for the fixes, too.