Raco pollen render did not detect change
Closedopened 4 years ago by MalinMnnikk · 3 comments
Reference in New Issue
There is no content yet.
Delete Branch '%!s(<nil>)'
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?
I found a potential bug with pollen when editing a .ptree file and then rendering a project in the command line.
I started with 4 filenames in my index.ptree file, and wanted to remove the last one, the files were XX.html, YY.html, ZZ.html and AA.html of which I removed AA.html. After saving I called
raco pollen renderexpecting it to make the changes in file ZZ, which had a link to file AA and now should not have one.
Instead pollen did not detect any changes in these files and therefore used the cache, leading to the output generating no change at all. The ZZ file still has a functioning link to the AA file which also shows up nicely like it was still part of the .ptree file. I am using a template.html.p file for the links between the files mentioned here.
I am going to go around this problem for now by deleting the compiled directory (no more cache), but would like to know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong.
This showcases that the cache was used, meaning that no changes were detected and my website still has a link to the last AA.html file.
Thank you for Pollen - it is a joy to work with!
Forgot to mention I'm using Pollen version 1.5.1972.1114 on Windows 10.0.17134.
This behavior is intentional. From Making a pagetree file:
Sometimes, at an early stage in a project, it’s more convenient to disable the caching so that you’re guaranteed of fresh updates. This is a little slower, of course.
Thanks for the answer - the clarification is useful.